How to Take the Stress out of a Holiday
A holiday should be something fun for
everyone. However, we all know it just isn’t always that simple, especially if you are going away with children. Here are some tips for a stress-free trip:
Travel with as little as possible. You will enjoy yourself much more if you are not weighed down by luggage.
Plan, but not too much. You should have a good idea about what you can do and how to get around. Play it by ear a little bit as well though, as it’s more fun that way.
Make sure you do what you want to do. There are many options for activities in various countries. Pick the ones you want and be single minded about it.
Be organised. Buy what you need to and have plenty of things like medication and toiletries. You don’t want to have to be wondering when you will next be near a shop.
Is Travelling in South America Safe?
Some parts of South America have got themselves a bad reputation for safety. Places like Brazil and Colombia can often leave people a little nervous about their safety. Yet there are some stunning things to see there, so you don’t want to avoid these places based on fear. Here are some points to consider on safety in South America:
- There are some very unsafe areas – but you find these in most parts of the world. Don’t let it put you off.
- Be vigilant at all times. Carry valuable in a money belt rather than in a backpack. Always be on the lookout for anybody acting suspiciously and keep a close eye on your possessions.
- Research the areas you are visiting. Certain parts of cities have a bad reputation. Avoid these, especially at night.
- Don’t go to anywhere too quiet. If the people suddenly disappear or you feel uneasy trust your instinct. Something probably isn’t right.
Some Ways to Minimise your Impact on the Environment When Travelling
Going on holiday or a travel adventure can be damaging for the environment. The air travel, the car fumes, the activities you choose to do… they can all have consequences for animals and the environment. If you are going to travel in the most environmentally-friendly way possible, here are some thoughts to consider:
- Travel on public transport. Buses and trains and much better for the environment than lots of cars. This helps to reduce harmful emissions.
- Stay in eco lodges or hotels. Research them first and see how good their green credentials really are. Check for things like how they collect their water and the activities they offer.
- Walk as much as you can. Why not walk rather than taking transport? You will see more of the country you are visiting.
- Research activities first. Make sure the company you are using is reputable and isn’t going to be harming the environment.
Essential Travel Advice When Visiting a Foreign Country
Travelling is very rewarding and gratifying activity. It offers excitement, independence and a whole new world of discovery. Below are foreign travel advice you should heed when travelling abroad.
Making a copy of your passport before an overseas trip can save you from trouble on your vacation. If you eventually lose your passport while travelling internationally, you can take the duplicate to your embassy. Possessing a copy is useful as it helps expedite obtaining a replacement thus ensuring you are not stranded in a foreign country. (more…)
Be Aware of These Foreign Travel Tips For a World Tour
Travelling anywhere in the world is not just exciting but very exploratory and a learning process. Many times visitors encounter many problems at the time of the travel, but that hasn’t stopped anyone from repeating it. Below are some of the foreign travel advisories that will narrow down those complications.
Get your Papers in Order.
All the travellers need passports, visas and other important documents. They should always carry IDs and other identification papers.It is good to be in touch with the State Department because you will get help in case of an emergency.
If you are travelling to foreign countries, then there are different agencies which you must check and get information on how to contact who and where in the case of emergency.
Be Aware of the Political Situation in the Country.
Be sure to check the current situation of the country before you go there. Some countries may be going under political disturbance situation. Such information can be read on local newspaper or can be seen on the local news channel.